Terra Nova Omega-3 Seal Oil
12 Large Bottles of 240 Capsules (Total 2880 Capsules)
Please Note: We are currently out of stock of Large Bottles (will be available within a week or two). We do, however, have regular sized bottles in stock currently.
In Canada: Free Xpresspost Shipping (3-5 business days).
Other Countries: Please add to cart to view shipping prices.
Sorry, not available in the USA
October 19, 2023
Adults and children may take 2 capsules, 2 - 4 times daily
Nutrition Information (per 500mg capsule):
Omega-3 PUFAs: 115 mg
EPA: 34 mg
DHA: 45 mg
DPA: 20 mg
Saturated fat: 60 mg
Omega 9: 140 mg
Ingredients: Seal oil, gelatin (porcine and bovine), glycerin, purified water, and antioxidant.
Click here to Contact Us.
About Terra Nova Seal Oil:
Our seal oil comes Harp Seals from Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada from the pristine waters off the coast around the province. Newfoundland is home to over 7 million seals and the hunt is carried out in a sustainable way. Terra Nova Seal Oil is a high-quality form of seal oil. Seal oil comes from the blubber (fat tissue) of harp seals. Seal oil contains "healthy fats" known as omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids in seal oil include eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), and docosapentaenoic acid (DPA).
Seal oil is used:
Seal Oil vs. Fish Oil: Comparing two types of omega-3
Seal Oil is a complete source of omega-3 including DPA, DHA, and EPA. On the other hand, fish oil rarely contains DPA.
Terra Nova Seal Oil is natural. Thanks to DPA naturally present, there is no need to artificially increase Omega-3 levels in seal oil. On the other hand, fish oil is often chemically altered to increase omega-3 levels.
Seal Oil is easily absorbed due to its mammalian molecular source. On the other hand, fish oil is slower to be absorbed and can "sit" in the stomach resulting in "fishy burps"
Seal oil is sustainably sourced in Canadian Waters. The origins of fish oil is often much harder to ascertain. It is sourced globally from various fisheries and aquaculture operations with unknown environmental impact.
(Please note: The following information comes from Carino.ca, which is the website of the manufacturer of Terra Nova Omega-3 Seal Oil. I did not create this content on my own.)
Who should take Seal Oil?
Who can benefit from seal oil’s special properties? Consuming seal oil offers a vast and diverse range of health benefits.
Seal oil can improve the quality of life of people of all ages!
What does Research Show?
Studies show that Omega-3 supplementation during pregnancy prevents pregnancy-induced hypertension, prolongs gestation, increases birth weight and reduces the incidence of premature birth. DHA is essential for the development of the brain, eye and nerve tissues during pregnancy. DHA supplementation during pregnancy and breast-feeding may reduce the risk of the child developing immune problems and allergies.
DHA is essential for the development of the brain, eye and nerve tissues during the first years of a child’s life. It is especially important in the development of infants’ visual acuity and motor skills.
Due to the anti-inflammatory effects of EPA and DPA, research shows that people with diets rich in this fatty acid are less prone to inflamed joints (Rheumatoid arthritis), inflammation of the intestine (Crohn’s disease), Lupus, asthma, multiple sclerosis and skin disease (eczema, psoriasis).
Research documents the positive effects of Omega-3 on insulin receptor sites in membranes. The reduction in insulin performance has been linked to the decrease in dietary Omega-3 consumption. Several diabetic patients have been able to control the intensity of circulatory-related pain associated with diabetes by supplementing their diets with Omega-3.
Studies show that DPA is involved in the healing process associated with cardiovascular disease. Research has indicated that Omega-3 can reduce the risk of primary cardiac arrest by 70% by reducing blood vessel blockages. Other work demonstrates that fatty acids can prevent sudden death from irregular heartbeats following a heart attack. Yet another study has found that a diet rich in Omega-3 can reduce chances of a second heart attack by 30%.
Seal oil has a natural resistance to oxidation. There is significant research linking anti-oxidants to a reduction in free radical acids – and therefore – reducing the risk of cancer and other diseases. One major study shows that daily Omega-3 consumption dramatically slows abnormal cell growth that can lead to colon and prostate cancer. Another study showed similar success impeding breast cancer.
To purchase Terra Nova Omega-3 Seal Oil, please visit www.TerraNovaSealOil.com